Refried Black Beans And Chicken Fajitas
Cooking Time: 40 Min
1 pound chicken breasts; sliced /450g
1 large can black beans /810g
1 yellow bell pepper; sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 meat slice, halved widthwise
1 red bell pepper; sliced
1 small onion; cut into 8 wedges
1 jalapeño pepper; sliced
¼ cup water /62.5ml
1 tbsp Mexican seasoning mix /15g
4 tbsp olive oil; divided /60ml
1 tsp salt /5g
Corn tortillas to serve
Avocado slices to serve
Salsa to serve
1. Pour the beans with liquid into the Foodi’s inner pot. Stir in the garlic, bacon, water, and 2 tbsps of olive oil. Seal the pressure lid, choose Pressure; adjust to High and the cook time to 5 minutes. Press Start.
2. In а large bowl, mix the chicken, yellow and red bell peppers, jalapeño, and onion. Drizzle with the
remaining oil, sprinkle with the salt and Mexican seasoning and toss to coat. Set aside.
3. When the beans are ready, do a quick pressure release, and carefully open the lid. Pour out the beans with liquid into а large bowl and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm; set aside.
4. Place the Crisping Basket into the inner pot. Close the crisping lid and select Air Crisp. Adjust the
temperature to 375°F or 191°C and the time to 4 minutes. Press Start to preheat.
5. Uncover the beans. Remove and discard the bacon pieces and garlic clove. Fetch out about ¼ cup of the liquid and reserve it. Then, use a potato masher to break the beans into the remaining liquid until smooth while adding more liquid if needed. Cover the bowl again with aluminum foil.
6. When the pot has preheated, open the lid and add the vegetables and chicken to the basket. Close the crisping lid. Choose Air Crisp; adjust the temperature to 375°F or 191°C and the cook time to 10 minutes. Press Start to begin browning.
7. After 5 minutes, open the lid and use tongs to turn the vegetables and chicken. Continue cooking until thevegetables are slightly browned and the chicken tender. Wrap the chicken and beans in warm tortillas and garnish with the avocado and salsa to serve.