Meat, Broccoli And Swiss Cheese Bread Pudding
Cooking Time: 48 Minutes
½ pound thick cut meat, cut into ¼-inch pieces
3 cups brioche bread or rolls, cut into ½-inch cubes
1 cup milk
½ teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed and chopped
1½ cups grated Swiss cheese
1. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
2. Air-fry the meat for 6 minutes until crispy, shaking the basket a few times while it cooks to help it cook evenly. Remove the meat and set it aside on a paper towel.
3. Air-fry the brioche bread cubes for 2 minutes to dry and toast lightly. (If your brioche is a few days old
and slightly stale, you can omit this step.)
4. Butter a 6- or 7-inch cake pan. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss well. Transfer the
mixture to the buttered cake pan, cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate the bread pudding overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
5. Remove the casserole from the refrigerator an hour before you plan to cook, and let it sit on the countertop to come to room temperature.
6. Preheat the air fryer to 330°F. Transfer the covered cake pan, to the basket of the air fryer, lowering the dish into the basket using a sling made of aluminum foil (fold a piece of aluminum foil into a strip about 2-inches wide by 24-inches long). Fold the ends of the aluminum foil over the top of the dish before returning the basket to the air fryer. Air-fry for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and air-fry for an additional 20 minutes. If the top starts to brown a little too much before the custard has set, simply return the foil to the pan. The bread pudding has cooked through when a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.